3 August – 4 August 2019
Cambridge Volleyball Tournament
Cambridge Rugby Football Club, Volac Park, Grantchester Road, Cambridge CB3 9ED
For any tournament enquiries or further details, please contact email@example.com
6 v 6: cost to be confirmed.
2 v 2: cost to be confirmed. To be paid at registration.
Camping: cost to be confirmed.
Outdoor / Grass 6 v 6:
Men's Div 1/ 2 / 3
Mixed Div 1/ 2/ 3
Women's Div (if less than 5 entries, teams will be entered into the mixed division(s) and the highest placed teams will play in a women's final on Sunday)
Teams will play in drawn pools on Saturday.
They will be re-pooled on Sunday based on finishing position from Saturday and the final order of these pools will determine overall division position.
The organisers may combine different division pools on Saturday based on tournament entries.
Prizes will be awarded to all division winners.
Outdoor / Grass 2 v 2:
Limited entry on Saturday ONLY when the 6v6 matches begin to finish, approximately 3pm.
Categories: Men/ Women / Mixed, experienced and novice
Each player can only play in ONE category.
Teams will play in an elimination pool of three pairs, winners progressing to the knockout phase.
All match play will be AFTER the 6v6 competition on Saturday.
Prizes will be awarded to all category winners.
At registration, please have:-
team name and
players' full names/ telephone numbers ready.-
THINGS TO REMEMBER
This tournament is run entirely by volunteers. Please keep the place clean and be considerate, thank you.
- Campers are not allowed fires on the ground.
- Please keep the place tidy by disposing litter in the bins and skip provided.
- Please respect your neighbours and surroundings; keep the noise down after 11pm.
- No dogs are allowed (except guide dogs).
- Please keep off the rugby pitches.
- Weekend camping is available on site, from 4pm on Friday 2nd August to the afternoon of Sunday 4th August.
- Camping fees are charged per adult and per junior competitor for the full weekend and include 2 nights camping, car parking, use of the clubhouse/bar on Saturday evening. All participants are invited to the Party on Saturday evening.
- Pay in advance or on arrival.
- Please move your car to the parking area after unloading.
- Drinking water, showers ( in 2018) and toilets are available.
- Shower facilities are provided in the club house during opening hours. Toilet facilities are available both in the camping area and the club house.
- All campers are asked to be considerate of other campers, local residents and Cambridge Rugby Club. Tents must be set up within the designated camping area. All rubbish must be either placed in the skips and bins provided or taken away.
- The tournament is run by volunteers – please keep the place TIDY, dispose of litter carefully in the bins and skip provided and take away any bulky items with you at the end of tournament, thank you.
- Parking is available on site for campers and day visitors.
- Please keep off the rugby pitches.
- Please park where directed and although it may be tempting, not in the camping area.
- Valuables left in cars are at owner’s risk.
The tournament will go ahead in most weather conditions; however, we reserve the right to cancel the tournament should it become too slippery or dangerous to play.
IN THE EVENT OF RAIN / HEAVY SHOWERS
well, we are in England after all…
Teams affected will need to decide whether to carry on competing in the rain or resume when playing conditions improve, without delaying the playing schedule overly.
However, the final decision will lie with the Tournament organisers who may also change the schedule if necessary.