* Please read this page first *
– a link to the membership form is at the bottom of the page –
Cambridge Volleyball Club is a non-profit making organisation, affiliated with Volleyball England, and is run by volunteers, players and coaches who are passionate about their sport. Our mission is to inspire participation and to encourage development of volleyball through coaching, games and competitions. We aim to offer volleyball for all, regardless of ability, in Cambridgeshire.
Annual Membership Fees (2018-19):
All players will be required to pay an annual membership subscription of £25 and fees for organised training sessions and matches.
These are to cover for insurances, team / player registration, match fees, hall hire for training and matches, new volleyballs, equipment and maintenance, coaching, funding for referee or coaching courses and where applicable, payments for the referees or expenses at matches.
Travel costs for away matches are not included.
|NVL Women (Mondays and Thursdays)||£375||£275||£185||NVLW|
|NVL Men (Mondays and Thursdays)||£375||£275||£185||NVLM|
|Regional / County League Women (Tuesdays)||£215||CW|
|Regional / County League Men (Tuesdays)||£215||CM|
|Intermediates (Fridays 6.30pm – 8.30pm)||£180||INT|
|Beginners/ Core skills /Juniors (Thursdays 6.30pm – 8.15pm)||£25 membership fee + £60 per term or £25 membership fee + £6 per session||BEG|
|Open session for club members / Intermediates and County League teams (Thurdays 6pm-7.30pm)||£25 membership fee + £5 per session||OS|
- NVL Students/Training Membership entitles the player to train at the organised NVL training sessions (for students/undergrad./postgrad. also to compete in the National League).
- NVL Full or Junior Membership entitles the player to train at the organised NVL training sessions and compete in the National League.
- Regional / County League Full Membership entitles the player to train at the organised Regional / County League training sessions and compete in the local, county or regional leagues.
Membership fees are due on your THIRD training session via your team secretary.
|1. You can either make a one-off payment or spread it by five instalments, each to be made by the first month of you joining CVC and on the 10th of each month.
(Please note the latter is simply a way for members to spread the payment over a period of time; it is NOT a casual monthly membership).
|2. As the club is run by volunteers, please pay your fees promptly using your name and team abbrev. as reference and inform your team secretary when you have made an online payment.
* If a player is more than one month in arrears, they will not be allowed to train or compete until payments are brought up-to-date.*
Any additional expenses such as travelling costs for away fixtures will have to be paid separately by the players.
|3. Payments can be made by cash, cheque (made payable to Cambridge Volleyball Club), bank transfer with your name and your [team abbrev.] as reference or standing order, which must be set up by the end of September or by the first month of you joining CVC.|
Strength and Conditioning (2018-19):
A weekly Strength and Conditioning session with our S&C coach, Gosia Bieniek (Personal trainer Level 3 and MSc in Strength and Conditioning), at The Goldie Boathouse, CB4 1HG is available on Tuesdays 7.45pm – 8.45pm during our indoor volleyball season at £160 for 2018-19 (approx. 30-32 sessions)
|2018-19 One-off Fee||Ref.|
|Weekly Strength and Conditioning (Tuesdays 7.45pm – 8.45pm) at The Goldie Boathouse, CB4 1HG||£160||SnC|
Terms & Conditions
- Training with more than one squad is strictly at the invitation and discretion of the coaches (Fees applied). Permission should always be sought before attending training with another squad, with which you do not normally train.
- Any player progressing to the next level squad will be required to pay any additional squad fees. The amount required will depend on how much of the season remains and what initial fees have been paid. In all cases the player should contact the club treasurer to determine any additional fees.
- For those joining after January, pro-rata fees must be paid within one month of starting training. Please contact the club treasurer to determine the amount to be paid.
- If a player is more than one month in arrears, they will not be allowed to train or compete until payments are brought up to date.
is provided by the club to help players who are experiencing genuine and unavoidable financial difficulties and are struggling with their Annual membership fees. Please contact the club Welfare Officer via Contact The Club for an application form; a decision will be made by the committee on a case-by-case basis.. The Club does not want anyone to stop playing because they cannot afford the fees and will consider all cases on their merits.